Wednesday, February 8, 2012
10 Things: Conner Habib
1. I was a docent at the Rogers Williams Park Zoo in Providence, R.I.
2. I started and ran an indie record label when I was 19, when I was also a concert promoter.
3. You can hire me as a writing coach—either to develop your writing in general or to help out with a project.
4. When I was 7 and playing in my backyard, I heard an unearthly growl behind me, and I’ve always thought it was the devil. Seriously, it scared the shit out of me.
5. I don’t support any political party.
6. I run a spirituality and science discussion group (based on the work of Rudolf Steiner) in San Francisco.
7. When I moved from Massachusetts to California, I drove cross-country and stayed with strangers. I found guys I liked on bigmuscle.com and bigmusclebears.com in each state and just asked if I could stay with them. They all said yes, and I think this is either a pretty amazing testament to the kindness of strangers or to my sluttiness, because I had sex with a lot of them.
8. I have a weird and completely unexplored thing for guys dressed as bunnies or wearing bunny ears.
9. I had to really learn to be okay with my body and resist pressure to do steroids. I don’t eat any sugar or wheat, I almost never drink and I work out six days per week. But after years of this, I still don’t have six-pack abs or a chiseled physique. Some bodies just don’t work that way, but I’m so grateful that people are into me anyway.
10. When I was a little boy, my favorite toy was a rhinoceros puppet. I still have it.